Sunday, June 21, 2009

Friends and Food : A great combination


I work 5 days a week. Everyday, it is dark by the time I grab the keys in my handbag to open the gate of my house. It’s been long since I had some good time with friends out of office. Today, at 3 pm, I went to meet up friends at Marche@The Curve. The gathering is

organized by Ibi. It was a gathering meant for Lily with her old officemates somewhere around in 2004. Lily invited me to joined earlier and since I’ve always wanted to eat at Marche. of course I join.. with my husband too. And of course I would like to hear Lily’s stories and hopefully she will miraculously reveal some of her secrets.

We reached there about 10 minutes after 3 pm. Lily was there with Ibi and Reen. After I swallowed the chocolate Lily gave (it was extremely delicious or perhaps I was incredibly hungry), we went into Marche. Each person is given a coupon for us to use when ordering dishes from about 10 stalls in there. It was quite awkward and a bit confusing in the beginning, since this is the first time I’ve eaten with that kind of arrangement. But, by the end of the day, I like it. The only negative side about it is I had and will always be tempted to order at every stall which means I will eat more than I should.

In my next visit there, i don’t know when, perhaps before ramadhan but I can already picture what to eat.

  1. crepe – the crepe is nice.
  2. the fruit drink – I missed this one and I saw Ibi had a glass of some dragonfruit plus whatever fruit juice
  3. lambchop – this has always been my favourite but I couldn’t recall why I didn’t order this instead I picked some common beef hotdog which I didn’t finish.

Lily has lots of pictures in her camera. The most are her nephew and niece. There grew really fast..children. But the most unforgettable is the controversy picture at Barcelona with a man. Don’t get me wrong. (there’s nothing censored)

She didn’t even knew the man who was actually drunk as she can smell it because that man stood so close to her. The picture was taken because the man wouldn’t move till he hears a ‘click’. It was funny to hear her stories especially that one. That’s an experience. One of the many experiences she had during her times in UK.

I hope she will capture and share more pictures of her life. Beautiful and happy ones. Will definitely miss you, Lily. Cook well with your new 7% discount rice cooker ;)


The choc wrapper

London, I will conquer you one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment