Monday, June 22, 2009

Kampung Style

I love to eat. I can eat almost anything. I like trying new dishes. It creates excitement. And when the taste is superb, it will be one of the things I can never forget.

Taste is a factor. But it is not the only one.

Today, my husband and I went for lunch. It was either Bangsar 21 or Rebung and we settled for the latter.

The buffet is Rm35. ala carte will only begin at 3pm. We were about to change our mind and walk out the gate when Chef Ismail called us. I felt that all eyes were on us. We just couldn't say no then. He handed us a plate each and we finally sat at inner section as the boy waiter pushed us there.

It is really exclusive. I saw plates arrange on racks for decorations. The place i think was to be antique but hey, my grandmother is still using those kind of plates. The women at the counter looked like my father's ex-boss's wife.

Everything seemed exclusive. Including the others who sat there (except for us?!?). Next to us was 3 women. They have Louis Vuttons placed on a spare chair. One of them has hair like dragonball only a bit flatter and has a face which looked like was botoxed 2 days back. next to her was a woman in yellow blouse with air like najib's wife. It was so big she can be Marge Simpson best friend. Hah. They were talking so loudly in english (more like manglish :P).
I think they are the Datins. The lonely ones and this is what they do other than go to SPA or hair saloon! . They were gossiping so loud while having pisang goreng.

We finished our lunch bout 15 minutes later and my husband paid the Rm34.10 bill. Maybe, when i go there next time, i'll sit at the outer section to avoid 'loud' people. The food is good though. Definitely my style.

Kampung style ..*smile*..



No comments:

Post a Comment